1. Your engines say "In Stock" but they won't ship out that day, what's the deal? -Although our engines may say they are in stock that doesn't mean they are built, it just means we have the parts to make that engine. We'd like to stress that when you order anything modified (i.e. an engine, long block or top end) there is a 1 to 5 business day lead time that you must factor in if you are looking to get an engine ASAP. You don't want to rush a good quality engine and we don't do anything less than the best!
3. What oil should I use at what ratio? -You can use either castor927, honda hp2 or yamalube. The ratio should be 28:1.
4. What is a longblock? - A long block is a stripped down version of a complete engine. To get more specific it comes with a complete crankcase, crankshaft and a complete topend assembled. Long blocks have the same performance as a complete engine.
5. What are your carbs of choice? - We prefer WT-990s or WT-668s because they are easier to tune and maintain. However, if you were interested in another carb feel free to call us for more information!
6. Can I pick up my order? -Yes! If you live locally and would like to swing by and pick your order up that is fine. However, we ask that you please make an appointment before coming by.
7. Hey OBR what are your drinks of choice? -Here's what they had to say: Sean: Clase Azul Tequilla Dan: Captain Morgan Rum Jayson: Cheap Vodka!
8. How do I get my tracking number? -If you ordered online your tracking number will be emailed to you as soon as your order ships. If you were a phone order you can either call us and our receptionist, April, will be more than happy to give it to you. Or, when you are placing your order you can give us your email and we'll make a note you'd like your tracking number emailed to you when it ships.
9. What time do you stop shipping at? -Although we do ship as orders are ready, our packages are picked up around 1pm PST. If you place a parts order after 12:30pm PST it will not ship out same day no matter what shipping option you choose. Also we are only open Monday -Friday so no packages go out on the weekends.
10. What is your return policy? -If you want to return a part it must not be used, damaged or modified in anyway. Also, there is a 15% restocking fee if the product is not defective. Custom or ported engines can not be returned.
11. Do you provide warranties, if so how do they work? -All our engines come with a 90 day manufacturers warranty which covers faulty internal parts only. That means any defect to the cylinder, piston, crank shaft, crank case and crank bearings are covered. It also covers any flaws in our work. It does not cover wear items such as clutches and pullstarts.
12. How do you ship? -Currently we only ship through USPS and Fedex. Free shipping is to our descretion.
13. What do I need to do if I want to send a motor in? - You MUST include a note in the box with your engine that includes your name, a way of contacting you and a brief description of why you are sending it in. If we receive an engine with no note in it, it will not be touched until you contact us
15. What is the best way to contact Sean? -Due to the high volume of calls received for Sean the best way to reach him would be to email at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can go to the contact tab on our website.